Houseboat Shoot

Yesterday I trecked down to Encinitas to shoot a nautical themed editorial on an old housboat with photographer Harper Smith www.harpersmithphotography.com. As was happy to discover that our model was Kelly Ash with Q-models, who I've worked with several times and adore. She always brings it!

I wanted to do something a little different with Kelly than I had before. She has a very expressive and strong face, and usually does better with minimal makeup. I decided to give her a little more edge than usual, but with kind of an Audrey Hepburn feel to it..I applyed Lancome Artliner Eye-liner (Noir)to her upper lids, extending the line just past the edge and flicking it upwards to give her a nice cat eye. I  used Chanel Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil Noir (Tester)On the inside rims of her lower lid and from the inside corner of her lower lid extending outward to join the upper line. I lightly smudged the bottom line to give it a smokey, sexy "lived in" effect. I then dabbed Penny Lane Blush, a gorgeous poppy colored cream blush; on the apples of her cheeks and swept the color up towards her  temples. For her lips I applied Urban Decay Lipstick, Requiem .13 oz (3.7 g), a soft pretty neutral, which kept the main focus on her eyes...Kelly worked it!  Here are a couple of previews from the shoot. As you can see even the neighborhood Siamese cat wanted to be in the pictures!
You've just read an article category Harper Smith / Houseboat / Kelly Ash by title Houseboat Shoot. You can bookmark this page with a URL http://thesexypicz.blogspot.com/2010/07/houseboat-shoot.html. Thank you!
Written by: Unknown - Friday, July 9, 2010

"Houseboat Shoot"

Post a Comment