Nail Pro Cover Shoot

Here's a sneak peek at yesterday's cover shoot for the September issue of Nail Pro Magazine, photographed by Dorit Thies www.doritthies.com. The theme for the nails was "jewels", which is right up my alley, and I wanted the makeup to reflect that. Our model Djosefin@photogenics, was very patient! I started with Make Up For Ever Gold Metallic Powder over her entire lids, to create a gilded base that would act as a sort of "prism" when mixed with other colors. After applying her base color, I wet my brush and swept Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Goddess" an intense deep blue with flecks of glitter thru it over her base color and under her eyes. I then brushed Obsessive Compulsive loose color in "Heroic", a shimmery deep cobalt pigment lightly over the entire eye, and swept Make Up For Ever Star Powder #90947 in the inner corners of her eyes and up to her brow bone. Djosefin then sat very still while I glued tiny individual crystal "jewels" on her eyes. I finished the entire look with a sprinkling of deep blue glitter from Make Up For Ever to add even more sparkle, cause I was having way too much fun, and why hold back when you can bring the bling, right? More to come in September!
You've just read an article category Dorit Thies / Make Up Forever / OCC MAKEUP / Urban Decay by title Nail Pro Cover Shoot. You can bookmark this page with a URL http://thesexypicz.blogspot.com/2010/07/nail-pro-cover-shoot.html. Thank you!
Written by: Unknown - Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Nail Pro Cover Shoot"

Post a Comment